Diabetic foods – useful fruits
A lot of diabetic desserts should include a portion of one of healthy fruits.
All fresh fruits have some benefit, and not just for diabetics. Here another fruits with its benefits:
The Jambul fruit, also known as rose apple, is grown all over India. It too possesses anti-diabetic properties.
In the indigenous system of medicine this fruit is regarded as a specific remedy against diabetes because of its effect on the pancreas. The fruit, the seeds and the juice are beneficial in treatment of this disease. The jamboline’ contained in the seeds is believed to check the pathological conversion of starch into sugar in case of increased production of glucose.
The seeds are dried and powdered. This powder mixed with water – taken three or four times daily – reduces sugar in the urine and allays thirst.
The inner bark of the jambul tree is considered valuable in the treatment of diabetes. The bark is dried and burnt, to produce a white colored ash. This ash is pestled in the mortar, strained and bottled. The diabetes patients should be given about two grams of this ash in the morning on an empty stomach and two grams each in the afternoon and in the evening and hour after meals.
The seeds of the jambul fruits are considered beneficial in the treatment of excessive urination.
The powder of these seeds in doses of one gram each, in the morning and evening, is effective in controlling this condition.
Diabetic Pineapple Pie
Make this easy and delicious pie with pineapple for those who are diabetic or are just controlling their sugar intake.
- 1-8 oz Low-Fat or Fat-Free Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 c Splenda or other brand sweetener (it will hold it’s sweetness in heat)
- 1 1/2 c Frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-20 oz can crushed pineapple in pineapple juice (not syrup), well drained
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a bowl.
- Fold in whipped topping and drained pineapple.
- Spoon into the pie crust.
- Chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with pineapple, graham cracker crumbs, or whipped topping (optional).
- It will set better if you chill it overnight and I wouldn’t put the garnish on until you are ready to serve it.
- Slice and enjoy!
Number of Servings: 8