Visit Homestay Hong Saeng for more recipes.
Vegetable Beef Noodle Soup
YIELD: Makes 6 servings
Clean up is a snap with this hearty one-pot soup. Similar to the familiar favorite stew, everything is cooked together for a mouthwatering blend of flavors.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces beef for stew, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup unpeeled cubed potato (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-1/2 cups fat-free reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chili sauce or ketchup
- 2 ounces uncooked thin egg noodles
- 3/4 cup jarred or canned pearl onions, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- Lightly spray large saucepan with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add beef; cook 3 minutes or until browned on all sides, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from pan.
- Cook potato, carrot, vinegar, thyme and pepper 3 minutes in same saucepan over medium heat.
- Add beef broth, water and chili sauce.
- Bring to a boil over mediumhigh; add beef.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, 30 minutes or until meat is almost fork-tender.
- Bring beef mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add pasta; cook, covered, 7 to 10 minutes or until pasta is tender,
Serving Size: 1-1/2 cups soup | Sodium 258 mg | Protein 15 g | Fiber 1 g | Carbohydrate 24 g | Cholesterol 28 mg | Saturated Fat 1 g | Total Fat 3 g | Calories 182 | Calories from Fat 14 %
Meat 1-1/2 | Vegetable 1 | Starch 1